It is so important to help our children learn how to love themselves!
Loving oneself helps to promote confidence and self-esteem.
Self-love and care is essential in leading a healthy, fulfilling lifestyle.
When children are taught to love themselves, they are given an incredible gift!
I discuss this further in my article, Teaching Children: How to Love Themselves
The following is a list of activities that your child can do in order to promote inner love!
Some of these are the same ones recommended for us grownups!
So, perhaps, you could enjoy having fun doing these together!
*Please note that some of these recommendations may require adult supervision.
*Some of the links within this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase an item, I may receive a small compensation from certain items.
1. Read a favorite book
2. Draw a picture of themself and talk about beauty inside and out
3. Play a favorite game
4. Talk kindly to themself in the mirror
5. Make a list of all of the great things about themself
6. Take a nap
7. Eat a food that promotes feeling great
8. Watch a favorite movie
9. Wrap up in a warm blanket
10. Go out for a run
11. Sing to themself
12. Pick some flowers for themself
13. Make a card and write a personal message to themself
14. Engage in an activity that promotes feeling great
15. Make a personal collage
16. Rock in a rocking chair
17. Decorate themself with positive affirmation stickers
18. Paint a self portrait
19. Stay home from school for a day
20. Draw a picture of a futuristic self
21. Spend some time alone in a tent/fort/hideaway
22. Look up at the stars
23. Paint a picture of a futuristic self
24. Find a quote that resonates well with themself
25. Write down what is loved about themself
26. Take some selfies
27. Take a video of a self-pep talk
28. Say “no thank you” to something that they don’t really want to do
29. Pretend to be a superhero and use a favorite quality about themself as their superpower
30. Make a list of goals for themself
31. Study something of interest
32. Draw up a perfect day and then live it!
33. Make a personal tree and “hang” the things that they love about themself on the tree
34. Buy themself a present
35. Write a nice letter to themself, seal it and then don’t open it for one year
36. Listen to favorite music
37. Enjoy a warm beverage of choice (tea, hot chocolate, etc)
38. Allow themself to sit and feel whatever emotions are coming up
39. Give themself a manicure/pedicure
40. Look at photos that bring up good feelings
41. Spend time with people who make them feel good
42. Lay in a pile of pillows
43. Sniff a favorite smell (cookies baking in the oven, scented candle or air freshener)
44. Do yoga
46. Simply stand outside and breathe in some fresh air
47. Do some simple stretches
48. Lay on the couch and do absolutely nothing
50. Give themself a big hug
And that, my friends, is a quick list of 50 ways that you child can show some self-love!
Make certain that you help your child to build in quick moments like this at some point in their day!
Remind your child of how special they are and how much of a difference they can make in this world!
A little love can go a long way in helping your child to grow and to be the best that they can be!
Find more great things to do at Mama’s Grilled Cheese here!
Mama Morgan is a single parent by day and a writer by night! She is raising two, young children with special needs during a global pandemic. She aims to give other parents confidence, hope, and a practical, down-to-earth reading adventure through her own experiences. While Morgan is heavily focused on caring for her little ones, she is also dedicated to helping others and making the world a better place. Mama’s Grilled Cheese is just her delicacy!