In my article, Teaching Children: How to Love Themselves, we talk about loving our own selves first!
Sometimes it is a little hard to figure out how to show ourselves the extra attention that we deserve!
The following is a list of ideas to help you be more loving towards yourself!
When we learn to be kinder to ourselves, we create positive energy so that we can continue to care for others.
I hope that there is, at least, one thing on this list that will bring you some peace and some joy!
1. Take a bath
2. Take a walk
3. Brush your hair
4. Talk kindly to yourself in the mirror
5. Make a list of all of the great things about yourself
6. Take a nap
7. Eat a food that makes you feel great!
8. Watch your favorite movie
9. Wrap yourself in a warm blanket
10. Go out for a run
11. Sing to yourself
12. Buy yourself some flowers
13. Make yourself a card
14. Engage in an activity that you are good at
15. Give yourself a face massage
16. Rock yourself in a rocking chair
17. Read a book
18. Light some candles
19. Take a day off of work for yourself
20. Write a short autobiography
21. Spend some time alone in your thoughts
22. Look up at the stars
23. Take a drive to your favorite spot
24. Find a quote that resonates well with you
25. Buy yourself a new wardrobe
26. Take some selfies
27. Take a video of you giving yourself a pep talk
28. Say “no thank you” to something that you don’t really want to do
29. Take yourself on a picnic
30. Make a list of goals for yourself
31. Study something of interest to you
32. Draw up a perfect day and then live it!
33. Make travel plans to somewhere you’ve always wanted to go
34. Buy yourself a present
35. Write a nice letter to yourself, seal it and then don’t open it for 5 years
36. Listen to music that brings out the best in you
37. Enjoy a warm beverage of your choice (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, etc)
38. Allow yourself to sit and feel whatever emotions you are feeling
39. Give yourself a manicure/pedicure
40. Look at photos that make you feel happy
41. Spend time with people who make you feel good about yourself
42. Put some luxurious sheets on the bed so you sleep your best
43. Surround yourself with your favorite smell (cookies baking in the oven, scented candle or air freshener)
44. Do yoga
46. Simply stand outside and breathe in some fresh air
47. Do some simple stretches
48. Lay on the couch and do absolutely nothing
50. Give yourself a hug
And that, my friends, is a quick list of 50 ways that you can love yourself!
Make certain that you always take some time out for yourself!
Remember how special you are and how much of a difference you make in this world!
An important person likes you deserves only the best!
Find more great things to do at Mama’s Grilled Cheese here!
Mama Morgan is a single parent by day and a writer by night! She is raising two, young children with special needs during a global pandemic. She aims to give other parents confidence, hope, and a practical, down-to-earth reading adventure through her own experiences. While Morgan is heavily focused on caring for her little ones, she is also dedicated to helping others and making the world a better place. Mama’s Grilled Cheese is just her delicacy!